Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Holy Haridwar






Recently I was there in the holy land, Haridwar. The place is almost the same as it was 15 years back. Few more hotels and many more tourist centres have come up but over all, its just the same. The saga culture is what I like the most about this place. The divine music and the cool breeze across the Ganges keeps me rejuvenated. The people are simple, the food is amazing. Mostly you will get pure vegetarian food, in this part of the country. The milk and lassi is so desi in taste. The sweets are fabulous. I was really in love with them. It was too cold there in the month of December, but still the people were determined to take a dip in the holy river. Thousand of temples are there in the city. I call it as the " city of temples ". Sitting besides the Ganges and watching the Ganga Arti is bliss. Time passes by, everything is so fresh here. Mediatation is best in these places. I could feel the difference in my sadhna here. To get lost in our own thoughts and to be one with Divine is so natural here. I almost walked through out the city and it was really amazing to be here. The city is all set to host the upcoming Kumbh Mela. Preparations are going on in full swing. I'm looking forward for my next Haridwar trip. Check out for the " Dada Baudi" hotel for your lunch or dinner when ever you are there, they serve real special thalli meal, pure bengali. Mmmmmmmm begun bhaja and cholar dal, OOf it was savoury. Take care

0 comments:

Post a Comment