Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Adieu Friends






Its exactly 4 years in the city of joy. The memory stretches from first lecture @ Goenka to the last working day @ IBM. Really the 4 years were a perfect blend of exposure and freedom for me. I have witnessed the harsh days @ Shoba Bazar & Dum Dum Cantonment to the smooth stay @ 73/9. I have tasted the plain simple food of police canteen on one hand and the spicy cuisine of Machan @ Money Square on the other. I have enjoyed a lot @ swanky malls and even suffered and panicked @ water logged street. The office hour rush crowd @ Bangaon Local to the soft, smooth luxurious journey @ Low line volvo AC bus, I have seen it all. From Debadarshi to Devesh and from Pratik to Prakash, I have met hundreds of people in this great city.

Well yet again I'm standing on the verge of another sharp turn in my career and there are several things that I'm going to miss and I reckon that many of them are never going to replicate in my life time.

Joining Art Of Living and then diving deep into the service was definitely one of the finest thing that I have done in my life. And rightly the good deed, presented Ridhi Tibrawala, a beautiful soul into my life. Well, I really don't know the reason behind my affinity with her, but yeh strangely, once an unknown face is now my elder sister. The amount of love and respect that I have got not only from her but also from her clans is simply amazing. Ridhi, Kriti and Saurabh are the three musketeer with whom I gelled well during my fruitful stay @ Kolkata.

The mouth watering, savoury food that I got to eat, even hundreds of KM away from home was only possible because of the Tibrawala's. Really I owe a lot to them and will truly miss you people.

Devesh, the swashbuckling, Mechanical Engineer from Jadavpur University, frankly tops the list whom I'm going to miss. The days with him were fabulous. We have smiled, fought and even slept neck to neck (read positively) for numerous occasion.

Its tough to get a friend who will fit into his shoes. His physical absence will surely bug a lot. I wish him very best for his next chapter @ United States and I'm confident that he is going to get many accolades even in that foreign land.

Really it seems, I would have to continue playing (read living) without some key players and it would be tough to overcome there absence. I agree life needs to move on but its going to be a real emotional turn around!

10 comments:

Rakesh said...

What is this dude :
"I have tasted the plain simple food of police canteen", tu jail bhi gaya ... sahi

This is what we call life dude .. there are alwz ups and downs .. but d imp thing is to remember our friends

AvIrAj *****$tAnD @LoNe****** said...

aaahhha...its very easy to give birth a new relationship,but very tough to maintain that...bhalo likhechiis....will be waiting for the day when you will write about us...

sankha said...

a few man's can do this. I live in kolkata but fortunately still i was not eating this police cuisine . I just want to give a advice to you , please come my Andrews college and eat biriyani just Rs 20. take care and please carry on.

Unknown said...

its really amazing to read ths ....it got tears in the corner of my eyes...it is life we meet hundreds of people bt only some hav the capacity and potential to go deep into ur life and hearts and make a special place in it..really u r such a person tht any person coming in contact wid u will be motivated and hav a good outlook and perspective towards life....am nt writing anytng about wht we hav shared and wht we will share even whn u physically will not be thr..as no words can speak and explain the deep affection ,admiration and love and care and redspect we hav for eeach other...yaa do remember our daz during the utsav daz..bt i believe nt to write much as dont want to limit our memories to words only...am nt a good writer as u r bt still.....

u alreadey knw tht my wishes r alwz thr for u

and dnt bid good bye or adieu say phir milenge chalte chalte....

Unknown said...

and u r such a man tht u can smile and come out of every situation and u knw wht all ths hav made u stronger and wise....

PRAKASH PRESENTS said...

ok ok.
itna bhi sentu marna nahi chahiye tha.
Hame malum hai ki hum log bohot special hai.
Lekin GOOGLE hai naa, kahan bhaag ke jaoge.

We will miss u physically but OUT OF THE MINDS---------------- impossible to forget u man !!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Look at the positive side- we are getting apart. We will miss each other and our relationship will become stronger only.

But, yeah staying with u for years has been great. I will miss a partner like u who has been with me throughout beginning with a 'chah' at dada's tea shop, then a lunch at our canteen, rolls n chops at para shops n what not.Be it a movie, shopping (during Sale) or purchasing gifts we have been together like the best buddies. Even when we fought we knew we can't escape each other.So, after a few days cold war, we were together again. Our relationship is too strong to be roughened.
So, don't worry. But, yeah its going to be difficult to be at a place without Abhi and everything about 73/9.

Best of luck to you in ur future endeavors.......

Abhinav Saha said...

Thank u all

§Åµ®@ß# said...

thk u so much.....:)

§Åµ®@ß# said...

man feel like crying..............:(

Post a Comment